Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Subscribe to Our Daily Featured Advice

Stop shipping! I don’t like him

My friends want me to get with this guy, but I like someone else. What should I do? Be honest, ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Mom’s paranoia is outta control

I’m about to go to college, but worried about my mom — her conspiracy theories are increasingly wacky! Ask for ...
Read More
/ / Family

Can I go back to dance class?

The thing is, my dance teacher reported my boyfriend for statutory rape. Put yourself in her shoes, says our elder, ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

My teacher blanks me!

I got to know one of my teachers as a mentor, but now he won’t talk to me. Should I ...
Read More
/ / School

You’re at the strip club, liar!

My lying husband said he was going for dinner with a colleague — but I found him at the strip ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

I never see my friends IRL

I make friends easily enough, but I never want to get together with them. Is there something wrong with me? ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Sick of mom’s user siblings

My mom’s brothers and sisters are just using her for money, and I can’t stand it anymore. Tread carefully, says ...
Read More
/ / Family

It’s a date, not a hangout!

A letter writer and his friend are going to try and take their relationship out of the friend zone. How ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

My stepdaughter is stealing!

Every time my stepdaughter comes round, my daughter’s toys go missing. Can I bar her from my house? I think ...
Read More
/ / Children

You said what at work?!

A letter writer made a dumb joke at work and she just can’t get over the embarrassment. Don’t worry, says ...
Read More
/ / Career