Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Was I wrong to block my ex?

We were friends but now he’s avoiding me. Well you weren’t wrong, says our elder. But your timing might have ...
Read More

I’m scared of new things

Scared of college, scared to see my boyfriend… Can our elder help a letter-writer get over her fears and give ...
Read More
/ / Other

I’m a third wheel!

I’m happy that my best friend has a boyfriend but does he have to invite him along every time?  Schedule ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Study, work or my partner?

A letter writer is struggling to balance her job, studies and her dreams of moving out.  Our elder can empathize: ...
Read More
/ / Career

“Why are you even with me?”

Whenever we argue, my husband threatens divorce. Does he not want me around?  Our elder believes it’s emotional blackmail, and ...
Read More

He won’t accept his sexuality

Should I keep my distance? Listen to your instincts, says our elder. People can’t be changed – he has to ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

There’s no room for three

My best friend got a girlfriend, and how all his attention is on her. What should I do? Hold your ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Is it normal to feel numb?

I fought with my boyfriend and now I’m ghosting him. Is this OK?  Absolutely, says our elder. Take all the ...
Read More

I broke my bully’s arm!

Should I feel guilty? Sort of, says our elder. It’s right to stand up to a bully – but you ...
Read More
/ / Other

Anger issues: I just want peace

How can I let go of my anger and hatred, and be a better person? Our elder has some advice ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement