Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Rude in-laws; should I pay?

My daughter’s future mother-in-law has been off with me — but now she wants money for a baby shower. Should ...
Read More
/ / Family

Stay friends with drinking ex?

My boyfriend just broke things off because he wants to fix himself — but he still wants to be friends ...
Read More

Oh. I’m back here again.

How can I find my purpose in life? Our elder has some wise words for a letter writer who is ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

My teacher hates me!

Should I speak to her about it? I doubt very much that she hates you, says our elder. But you ...
Read More
/ / School

It’s my eating disorder, OK?

I beat my eating disorder but my husband’s nagging is putting my recovery at risk. He sounds like a backseat ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

I talk to my teddy bear

I’m so socially awkward that I have no-one else to talk to. You are not alone, says our elder. But ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Too early for him to meet Mom?

I really like this guy, but my mom wanted to meet him before we even went on our first date! ...
Read More
/ / Family

Friendzoned by work boss crush?

He’s not my actual boss… so I could still date him, right? Managers have to be careful, says our elder ...
Read More

Fired for drinking at work

Oh, and the drunken texts to my co-worker. Our elder has some advice for a letter writer who knows he ...
Read More
/ / Career

Roommate thinks I’m useless

I recently moved in with my best friend and it’s not going well. It’s time you stood up for yourself, ...
Read More
/ / Friendship