Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here twice per week so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Loading

Friend or competitor?

This letter writer is feeling annoyed and suspects that her friend is in competition with her.  That sounds about right, ...

/ / Friendship

Too shy to ask for her number 

I really like this girl in my lab group, but I’m too nervous to ask her out.  You have nothing ...

I “helped” a friend. Uh-oh.

She said I cared too much and now she’s not talking to me.  Our elder has some advice on how ...

/ / Other

Whoah, medicine is hard!

This letter writer is having second thoughts about their career plans.  Our elder has some tips on choosing a path ...

/ / Self-Improvement

Why do I feel so lonely?

You’re grieving the loss of a friend, says our elder.  The key is to take a moment and stay with ...

/ / Friendship

Stop ignoring my daughter!

We come as a package.  Our elder has some advice for a letter writer whose boyfriend needs to change his ...

My best friend abandoned me

It’s destroyed all my self-confidence.  It’s natural to feel sad, says our elder, but recognize that you deserve better. Chalk ...

/ / Friendship

They forgot my birthday!

Then they laughed about it on Instagram. Should I call time on this friendship?  Our elder lays out the options ...

/ / Friendship

My goals start now

An entrepreneurial letter writer is still at high school but can’t wait to start working towards his career.  You are ...

/ / Career

Dating or self-improvement?

This letter writer has been working on improving himself instead of worrying about romance. That’s fine, right?  Absolutely, says our ...