Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here twice per week so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

I fell for his blushes…

… But then he rejected me! Does this guy like me or not? I don’t know, says our elder. But ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

This earthling is lost

A high school student feels that life is meaningless. Our elder shares what he’s learned: Life is what you make ...
Read More
/ / Other

Will K-drama fix me?

This letter writer is recovering from a bad breakup and has turned to Korean drama for solace. Our elder suggests ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

How do I drop him nicely?

Growing out of a friendship doesn’t make you a bad person. Our elder has some tips for easing out of ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

He hurt me; then he got sick

The guy I’m dating still won’t commit, but now he’s struggling with his diagnosis and needs support. Should I keep ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

How can I become important?

My life is going nowhere.  It all starts with self-acceptance, says our elder. Embrace who you are, and you’ll open ...
Read More
/ / Other

My former sister-in-law

I’m bi, she’s flirty… should I do something?  First, says our elder, figure out how you really feel. Then be ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Committing to just one profession

I’m graduating high school; how can I choose what I want to do?  Our elder says: you don’t have to! ...
Read More
/ / Other

Everything makes me angry

This letter writer is struggling with anger issues. You are in charge of your thoughts and emotions, says our elder ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

Nothing feels normal

This letter writer feels lonely after spending time in another city.  Our elder shares their own experience of anxiety and ...
Read More
/ / Friendship