Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here twice per week so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Loading

Should I confess my gay past?

I really like this girl, but I’m scared to ask her out because I once dated another boy. What should ...

/ / Dating/Relationship

A risk that didn’t pay off

I gave her flowers, but now she’s hugging her ex on social media. Our elder has some reassuring words for ...

/ / Friendship

She’s pushing me away

My girlfriend is in pain and can’t handle a relationship.  The only thing you can do is back off and ...

/ / Dating/Relationship

Taylor Swift movie: yes or no?

The thing is, I have tickets to see her in concert next year.  Our elder consults her granddaughter for help ...

/ / Other

IT is giving me anxiety

This letter writer felt pressured into taking IT classes – and it’s stressing them out.  Talk to your parents, says ...

/ / School

He has beautiful lips

Our elder has some words of wisdom for a letter writer who is still attracted to his married best friend ...

/ / Friendship

I love his good parts…

But when he’s low, it really hurts.  Our elders have some advice for a letter writer whose boyfriend is struggling ...

/ / Dating/Relationship

Does Santa exist?

This letter writer wants to believe again. Luckily, our elder knows Santa personally…  Dear EWC I don’t really believe in ...

/ / Other

Will I be too old?

This letter writer wants to take a gap year before med school but is worried about being older than their ...

/ / School

Oh baby! 

My friend and I don’t really talk anymore. Do I need to go to her baby shower?  Our elder gives ...

/ / Friendship