Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

I lied because I don’t like you

A letter writer told a girl he was gay so that she’d leave him alone. Then she found out he ...
Read More
/ / Other

Will she go back to her ex?

I love my girlfriend but I’m scared she’ll leave me for her ex. Her ex isn’t the problem, says our ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

About that pool of vomit…

This freshman slipped in vomit at her first school dance. Will she ever live it down? Own it, says our ...
Read More
/ / Other

Should I go to Spain?

This college graduate has been offered a job teaching English in Spain but can’t make up their mind whether or ...
Read More
/ / Career

My secret hookup

My friend is mad at me because I kissed her ex – but she didn’t know we were hooking up ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

I’m not anxious; I’m a fake! 

This letter writer is being treated for anxiety – trouble is, she faked her personality and it’s the wrong diagnosis.  ...
Read More
/ / Other

Doctor or lawyer?

This student is trying to decide between two career paths, and she’d like to finalize her choice before she gets ...
Read More
/ / Career

The middle school mean girl

My former bully hasn’t made friends in high school. Should I be nice to her?  You don’t have to go ...
Read More
/ / School

Eek! It’s the green-eyed monster

I get jealous when my friend talks to someone else. How can I avoid this? It’s down to insecurity, says ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Labor of love or just labor?

A letter writer is looking for career guidance – should she find a dream to chase or accept the day ...
Read More
/ / Career