Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here twice per week so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Loading

Bad manners? Or Just Being a Responsible Employee 

“My friend hung up on me abruptly to deal with work. I feel insulted.” Our Elder says: “Let it go, ...

/ / Friendship

Family Interferes With Long Distance Relationship

“Should I Give Up On a Boyfriend Who Puts Family Ahead of Me?” Our Elder says: “Relax and don’t take ...

They spread lies about me!

Backstabbers at my expensive school have ruined everything between me and my crush.  Ignore the gossip, says our elder. Talk ...

/ / School

Social phobia and a ton of debt 

How can I make a success of my life?  Writing down your thoughts can help you figure it out, says ...

Is it OK to change my mind?

I thought I had college all worked out but now I’m not so sure.  There’s nothing irresponsible about switching course, ...

/ / School

I want her back!

Can this letter writer win his ex-girlfriend round?  Our elder presents a detailed plan – but warns that there are ...

I took them both for granted…

And now they’re gone.  Our elder counsels a letter writer who wants to turn her grief into something good. Dear ...

/ / Other

Am I controlling?

I don’t want my partner to go to ladies’ night without telling me – is that so wrong?  Not at ...

Will I meet someone like me?

This college student is finding it hard to make friends.  You’ll never find someone exactly like you, says our elder ...

/ / Other

I’m in love with my best friend

Ouch! There’s no textbook way to cope with this, says our elder.  But here are 10 suggestions for navigating the ...