Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Bold enough to be bald?

How and when do we stop caring what others think of us? Our elder says not to rush. You do ...
Read More
/ / Other

Let it go…

Let it go. Or in this case, let him go. Our elder wonders why we put up with partners who ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Don’t let fear take the wheel

Afraid things will go downhill? Our elder admits we all make mistakes. Don’t let them keep you off the path ...
Read More
/ / Career

Blushing, big time!

What started out as a colorful convo has our elder wondering if it’s an obsession. Read on for a future ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Risking a friendship for love

I’m afraid she won’t see me the way I see her. Our elder says it’s the chances you don’t take ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

When it’s more than just a weird phase

I can’t study. I sleep all day. Nothing excites me. Sometimes the best advice we can give, says our elder, ...
Read More
/ / Other

I’m jealous of my model BF

How do you keep envy from killing a relationship? Learn to be happy with yourself, our elder advises. And then ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Time to call it off—or is it?

When you’re not sure whether to hang in there or call it quits… Our elder weighs in on how to ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

What’s in a name?

For this aspiring scribe, it’s a link to some of her ‘racy’ writing. Time for a nom de plume? Our ...
Read More
/ / Career

She won’t stop talking!

What to do when your roommate knows no boundaries? Our elder suggests a friendly but honest conversation. Or maybe a ...
Read More
/ / Other