Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Will Covid ruin college?

I’m scared to start university. Should I take a year off? We are all confused right now, says our elder ...
Read More
/ / School

No you can’t see your BF, Mom!

My daughter won’t let me see my boyfriend when she comes to stay. Is that reasonable? Absolutely not, says our ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Doing all the running

My friends don’t want to hang out anymore. Is it Covid – or is it me? Have an honest conversation ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Should I forgive my stepdad?

My parents are divorcing and I know it’s hard for my stepdad… but after a falling-out, he still owes me ...
Read More
/ / Family

My boyfriend is my only way out

I want to break up with my boyfriend but he’s the only escape from my toxic household. You’re not being ...
Read More

Police academy or college?

I want to become a police officer to make a difference, but I don’t know how. Public Safety needs people ...
Read More
/ / Career

Ghosted by my best friend

I moved to a different state, and all of a sudden he just stopped replying to my messages. What should ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

I think she’s the one…

But we’ve only been on one date so far and now I’m having anxious thoughts. Down, boy, says our elder ...
Read More

Stepson won’t stop stealing

… and my wife lets him get away with it. You need to get her buy-in, says our elder, and ...
Read More
/ / Children

3 degrees but no job

Overeducated, under experienced, and I’m having to move back in with my family in my thirties. Help! First, says our ...
Read More
/ / Career