Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Permission to delete Insta

I hate Instagram but I need it for work. Help! Our elder reassures a letter writer who finds it hard ...
Read More
/ / Career

Musical motivation

I have my heart set on being a composer — so why can’t I concentrate? You don’t need to be ...
Read More
/ / Career

How can I live in the now?

I’m scared of time passing me by. Our elder has some tips for living in the moment. Dear EWC I ...
Read More

Too close to his ex in-laws

My husband is close to his ex wife’s family and it makes me feel so insecure. Should I just suck ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

Is this friendship?

Because if so, it sucks. Our elder has some advice for a letter writer who’s seeking some new and better ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

My sister has no friends

She’s struggling at her new school and I’m worried for her. It’s great that you care about your sister, says ...
Read More
/ / Family

Don’t call me a homie hopper…

But I think I’m falling for my boyfriend’s best friend. Well he does seem a bit nicer than your boyfriend, ...
Read More

Go home or stay in the air?

I’m in the Air Force but now I have the option to go home. The question is, do I want ...
Read More
/ / Career

It’s not your problem, Mom!

Since losing my brother to cancer, my mom likes to get involved in everyone else’s problems. How can I get ...
Read More
/ / Family

My husband or my soulmate?

I’m having an emotional affair at work. Should I leave my husband? Let this other guy go, says our elder, ...
Read More