Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

The taxi service stops now!

My son won’t take his driving test. Should I stop driving him everywhere? It does sound like you are enabling ...
Read More
/ / Children

Trapped in a toxic job

I hate my job! I’m treated like an outsider and my colleagues are no help. Our elder has some strategies ...
Read More
/ / Career

Is it enough to write letters?

My girlfriend just wants to write letters instead of talking on the phone — or even seeing each other! Am ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Don’t move back, Dad!

My dad left my mom and didn’t lift a finger when she was sick. Now he thinks he can just ...
Read More
/ / Family

Oops! I’m in love by accident

I’ve fallen in love with my summer fling. Should I tell him before I move away? Best not says our ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Is it normal not to feel things?

Sometimes I stay in bed all day. Could I be depressed? It’s not a good idea to self-diagnose, says our ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

College is so hard!

I’m finding freshman year hard, and I feel so dumb. Should I transfer to community college? That sounds like a ...
Read More
/ / School

Do I want to stay in this hell?

My husband won’t work on our marriage, but I don’t want to leave him. It doesn’t sound like much of ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

My friend has cancer

How will I cope without her? It will take some time to adjust, says our elder, but now it’s your ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Sorry, Sis, I’m the star today!

My sister hasn’t been home in three years, but she’s coming back for my wedding. Is it wrong to worry ...
Read More
/ / Family