Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

School is evil…

… and I’m not gonna drink the Kool-Aid. Can you help me get through the next two years of high ...
Read More
/ / School

I need my husband by my side…

… All. The. Time. I know it annoys him, but I hate it when he wants to go out. Our ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

Left behind in war-torn Syria

My friends can afford to leave. I can’t. How will I cope with the loneliness after they’ve gone? Keep forming ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Sorry Grandma, I’m done!

My grandparents live all over the US, and we just can’t afford it anymore. Help! Our elder has some tried-and-tested ...
Read More
/ / Family

Four wheels bad?

My boyfriend wants me to come with him on a four-wheel driving trip for his birthday. Thing is, I hate ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Where are the FB photos of me?

My daughter never posts pictures of me on her Facebook page, but her in-laws are all over it! How can ...
Read More
/ / Children

Should I report a homophobe?

A colleague makes homophobic remarks to me, but I’m scared of losing my job if I report her. This is ...
Read More
/ / Career

Put the turkey down, Mom!

I’m not close with my family but they’re insisting on coming for Christmas this year. Even worse, my mom thinks ...
Read More
/ / Family

My boyfriend is too short!

He loves me, but I just can’t see myself marrying him. It sounds like you don’t really love him, says ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Can’t sleep due to work stress

I have a big project at work and it’s making me so anxious that it’s ruining my life. Deep breath, ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement