Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

A good dad (just not the drugs)

I left my ex because he did drugs and wouldn’t get a job. Trouble is, my son really misses him ...
Read More
/ / Family

Too ugly for love

I’m overweight, and my self hatred is driving my boyfriend away. You are more than the numbers on a scale, ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

A career path in psychedelics?

I’m interested in marijuana and psychedelics — could there be a career in research? For sure, says our elder. Find ...
Read More
/ / Career

Yes, you can help!

I have been caring for my mom all on my own, but when she was in hospital all these people ...
Read More
/ / Family

Why doesn’t she want sex?

My girlfriend won’t even sext online anymore — and I have needs! Women feel under pressure to perform, says our ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Triggered by volleyball coach

I was traumatized by my volleyball team, and even after switching colleges I still can’t let it go. Our elder ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

What if I don’t get in?

There’s only one university I want to go to, and I’m scared for my mental health if they don’t accept ...
Read More
/ / School

OK so you lost 50 pounds…

… but can you quit boasting about it now? Also: please stop with the drinking. Our elder counsels a letter ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

Where are my college friends?

It’s not like I haven’t tried… Our elder has some advice for a student who’s finding campus life lonely. Dear ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Blocked from my brother

My mom and brother had a bust-up, and I can’t afford to go and see him (he’s in the military) ...
Read More
/ / Family