Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

What is the point of life?

This letter writer asks some deep questions.  Our elder’s advice: Be kind and brave. Dear EWC Why are we living? ...
Read More
/ / Other

So then she pulls out a gun…

I keep having the same weird dream. Could it mean something bad is about to happen? Not at all, says ...
Read More
/ / Other

An A in loneliness

This letter writer struggles to maintain friendships. Could being an overachiever be to blame?  You’ll find it easier in college, ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Scared of rejection

I have a crush on this guy – how can I tell him without making it awkward?  Our elder has ...
Read More

Breakups make me happy

Whenever I end a relationship, it gives me joy. Is this unhealthy?  It might be time to take a good ...
Read More

The silent treatment

This letter writer spends the day in silence when she can’t concentrate. How can she stop? It could just be ...
Read More

I bring my best friend down

She always seems happier with other people than she does with me.  Don’t feel you have to distance yourself from ...
Read More
/ / Other

That voice in my head

Our elder advises a letter writer who’s struggling with perfectionism. Question your inner voice, and seek help if you are ...
Read More

From first kiss to bootcamp

I met a girl but I’m joining the Marines. Should I break it off now to save heartache later on? ...
Read More

Can’t stop goofing around

This letter writer finds it hard to focus.  Our elder shares his tips on how to prioritize your time.   ...
Read More