Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here twice per week so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Loading

Where Should I Move, and How Do I Tell My Parents I’m Leaving?

“My culture expects me to live with my parents after college, but I need to pursue my own life.” Our ...

/ / Other

“Stop Taking Antidepressants Or Else!”

“My boyfriend says that if I keep taking my medications and seeing a therapist, he will break up with me.” ...

I Am More Than the Color of My Skin.

“I strive to overcome every stereotype and to create joy, but it seems the world no longer appreciates a true ...

/ / Other

I Wish My Life Was As Good As Theirs.

“My friends all have lots of money and find school easy, while I struggle with everything. How do I stop ...

/ / Self-Improvement

Why Do My Friends Abandon Me?

“I make new friends, but they all drift away and I feel lonely. What should I do?”  Our Elder says: ...

/ / Friendship

Looking for Mr. Right

“I’m ready for a relationship, but I’m very picky. What qualities should I look for?” Our Elder replies: “The more ...

The Very Bad Roommate

“My roommate is so messy and makes so much noise that I am not getting enough sleep.”  Our Elder says: ...

/ / Other

Am I Being Compulsive If I Drop an Inconsiderate Friend?

“I was planning an outing with a friend, then they went without me and never called.” Our Elder says: “You ...

Bad manners? Or Just Being a Responsible Employee 

“My friend hung up on me abruptly to deal with work. I feel insulted.” Our Elder says: “Let it go, ...

/ / Friendship

Family Interferes With Long Distance Relationship

“Should I Give Up On a Boyfriend Who Puts Family Ahead of Me?” Our Elder says: “Relax and don’t take ...