Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Losing focus at school

A student is finding online math classes a struggle. I suspect you’re being too hard on yourself, says our elder ...
Read More

Should I just stay out of it?

I want to help a friend who’s having a hard time, but my mom says she’s just another one of ...
Read More
/ / # 469741, Friendship

Will I ever really grow up?

Still struggling with childhood trauma, a letter writer feels like they are just existing. You are not alone, says our ...
Read More
/ / # 468370, Career

When BF’s bestie is a leech

She thinks her boyfriend is being used. He’s OK with it. While money may or may not be the root ...
Read More

Dreaming my life away

Everyone fantasizes—but what happens when those daydreams end in real-life disappointment? Although you may not be able to achieve perfection ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

Full of frustration and regret

No wonder, says our elder! Taking care of her thankless parents has left this 40 year-old feeling like a failure ...
Read More
/ / Family

The lingering toll of 2020

Lockdown. Quarantine. Safer at home. Who hasn’t lost touch with friends? Our elder suggests that this high-school grad take the ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

How to follow your passion

This middle-schooler loves art. But is it a realistic career? Don’t give up, advises our elder. He also offers a ...
Read More
/ / Career

Just say “no” to negativity

When depression fuels self-doubt, it’s hard to stop the spiral. Our elder shares her story—along with advice on how to ...
Read More

Is my future impossible?

For this advice seeker, his family anxiety paints a bleak picture. “No one else gets to do you,” says our ...
Read More
/ / Other