Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

I’m trying for a baby…

… but I’m petrified after a miscarriage last year. The best advice I can give you is to speak to ...
Read More
/ / Children

Cuckoo in the nest

My brother’s girlfriend moved in during the pandemic and now I feel miserable in my own house. It doesn’t help ...
Read More
/ / Family

No, she can’t borrow my car

My BF’s family is coming to visit and he wants me to lend my car to his sister. My gut ...
Read More

How can I boost my self esteem?

A couple of bad experiences with guys have left me at rock bottom. There’s nothing wrong with you, says our ...
Read More

My mom or my partner?

I want to move in with my partner but my mom says she will disown me. I’m 29! She is ...
Read More
/ / Marriage

My ex best friend reached out…

… but only to add me as a Facebook friend. Should I message him? Only if you can handle possibly ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

They’re called boundaries, Dad!

It’s great that my dad has been helping to look after my son, but now I can’t get rid of ...
Read More
/ / Family

He’s toxic but I can’t say no

I’m hooked on this guy but he keeps leaving me for other girls. What do I do? This calls for ...
Read More

My ex and my work friends

He hangs around my co-workers and now he wants to propose! How can I stop feeling guilty? Stop being so ...
Read More

The beautiful game

My dream is to become a big-league soccer coach. How do I get there? Playing the game is a good ...
Read More
/ / Career