Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too.

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

Broccoli or brownies?

I’ve dated both types of guy. Which one should I choose? Love doesn’t have to make you crazy, says our ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Dancer dreams, broken family?

I really want to join a dance company, but my family won’t support me — and time is running out! ...
Read More
/ / Career

I am two different people

My personality at school is not the same as at home. Why do I act like this? Rest assured, it’s ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

My bf doesn’t want kids

But it’s my lifelong dream to be a mother. Can we make it work? Have the conversation now to avoid ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Will I get into grad school?

My friends and family say it won’t be the end of the world if I don’t get in — but ...
Read More
/ / School

I hate your boyfriend, sis!

My sister and I used to be really close, but now her trashy boyfriend has come between us. There’s no ...
Read More
/ / Family

Was I wrong to chase happiness?

I got my dream job… but I miss my friends and family back home. Should you chase happiness? I have ...
Read More
/ / Career

No, you can’t have my new dog!

My two aunts have fallen in love with my family’s new greyhound and now we’re all fighting over her! You ...
Read More
/ / Family

Crushing on my bestie

We held hands today, but I don’t know if she likes me back. There’s only one way to find out, ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Nobody to have a beer with

How do you make friends as an adult when you’re not a group person? My life feels so empty! You ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement