Featured Advice

Our volunteers at ElderWisdomCircle dispense such wise, warm-hearted advice that we couldn’t resist sharing some gems with you too. If you want to ask for advice right now check out the ask for advice page  

We post a new problem and the advice here every day so check back regularly (or subscribe)  to find out what’s bothering our young letter writers, and what their wise older mentors have to say about it.

I hope you’ll feel inspired to apply their wisdom to your own life—and remember, if there’s something on your mind, our elders are always here to help.

Doug Meckelson
Founder

How to help an autistic friend

It’s easy to walk away when a friendship is challenged. Our elder says sometimes we have to try a little ...
Read More
/ / Friendship

Why can’t I get a girlfriend?

Stop trying so hard, says our elder! Once you relax and start to enjoy your own life, you’re more likely ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

Losing interest in stuff I love

Whether it’s due to the pandemic or just needing to talk, our elder says it’s important to keep making an ...
Read More
/ / Other

When forever isn’t…

You can’t always hold on to the important people in your life, says our elder. But you can cherish the ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

Eyes on the prize

How to balance the needs of today with your goals for the future? Our elder cautions that it’s a lot ...
Read More
/ / School

Breaking up is hard to do

You know he’s not the one for you, but not sure how to call it quits? Our elder offers a ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship

At a breaking point

What to do when you’re responsible for your siblings and your parents? Our elder admits there’s no easy solution but ...
Read More
/ / Other

Mean girls… Or boys?

If you’re not getting along with either, our elder suggests that maybe it’s you. Here’s how to be the kind ...
Read More
/ / Other, School

About that anxiety

Feeling fearful, sad, and lost? Our elder says, “You’re not alone.” These are trying times, but by helping others, you ...
Read More
/ / Self-Improvement

It’s all in the eyes

When you can’t stop looking at each other, what’s the next step? Our elder thinks a friendly conversation with your ...
Read More
/ / Dating/Relationship